Friday, May 28, 2010

Harry Potter end makes Emma Watson sad

Harry Potter end makes Emma Watson sadFor actress Emma Watson, the end of Harry Potter film franchise is like “someone is dying”. The 20-year-old, who launched her screen career as a child playing the character Hermione Granger, said the eight-part film series had been an “emotional” journey.

At the National Movie Awards, the cast and producers revealed they were in the last two weeks of shooting the final instalment of the saga. Co-star Daniel Radcliffe, 20, also echoed Watson’s sadness, saying he would be “devastated” when filming ends. However, he said that the films marked his transition to adulthood.

The pair was speaking at the function, where they collected the Special Recognition prize for the series and the Family award for ‘Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince’. “None of us could say that we predicted this kind of love and recognition. It's just incredible,” the Telegraph quoted Watson as saying.

“I'm just so unbelievably proud to have been part of this. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Just watching the compilation of all the past films was really emotional for me. I feel like someone's dying, I know that sounds like an exaggeration but I really do. I'm not planning to do anything this summer - I'm going to need time to collect myself and get myself back together a bit. So I'll take a bit of a break,” she added.

Speaking on life after Hogwarts, Radcliffe added: “It's going to be bizarre. I'm going to be devastated. It's going to be very, very sad because it's been such an important part of my life. There will never be one scene in any of the Harry Potters
that, when I watch it, won't trigger a series of memories about what that day was about and what I was doing. So everything is so linked to my life and growing up. But at the same time, it will be exciting. It puts a pretty nice punctuation mark on my adolescence. I feel grown-up now.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers